Monett Church of the Nazarene
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fruitfulness vs. Fruitlessness

Go down

Fruitfulness vs. Fruitlessness Empty Fruitfulness vs. Fruitlessness

Post by Noel George Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:33 pm

Jesus talked a bit about being connected to the Vine with a by product being fruit bearing. John 15:5.

If a "Christian" is fruitless, apparently they are not connected to the life giving Source, thus making me question if they are truly alive in the Spirit. Is it an oxymoron to talk about a fruitless Christian?

As I have talked about this with other believers, the responses have been varied: There are seasons of fruitfulness... Witnessing is not my spiritual gift... I'm an introvert; therefore I just witness with my silent actions... God understands that I am busy and cannot bear fruit in a secular workplace... And on and on they go with excuses. Yet Jesus' words remain: "If a man remains in Me and I in him, he will bear much fruit. Apart from Me you can do nothing." John 15:5.

Jesus said to His disciples, "Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." John 4:35. Sounds like we don't have to wait to be fruitful, we just have to put our hand to the ripe harvest.

If I am not fruitful, is it correct in saying that I am disconnected from Jesus?

If the answer is, "Yes," then can I really call myself Christian?

Jesus was always about His Father's business. Are you?
Noel George
Noel George

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum